I finished this dresser a couple of weeks ago. I guess I am a little behind on posting. It actually came with a matching bed, but I sold it as is because I didn’t have the room to store it. I would have liked to redo it, but sometimes you have to choose your battles.
It was painted white already, plus I think there was some green underneath. I gave it a good sanding then applied some light turquoise paint. The details I repainted in white. When I distressed it, you could see the white showing through, plus some of the wood and bits of the green.
The hardware had been painted over with both white and green paint. It was kind of gross looking, but I knew they would be pretty cleaned up. So, what I did was found an old pot, and simmered the hardware in some water and baking soda for a little while to soften the paint. Then I just scrubbed them with a little brush, and most of the paint came off.
Hopefully I’ll be checking back in later this week with another furniture makeover to share.
Domestically Speaking: Power of Paint Party
The Shabby Creek Cottage
The 36th Avenue
The Shabby Nest
Miss Mustard Seed
My Repurposed Life
Chic on a Shoestring
Tatertots & Jello
Funky Junk Interiors
Primitive & Proper