This was a recent Kijiji purchase. My husband drove with me to the people’s house to pick it up. It wasn’t too far from our house, but it was out in the country. I have only lived in this area for a few years, and it was nice to travel on some of the roads that I haven’t ventured out on yet. Thank goodness my husband was with me… or I would have run a serious risk of getting lost!
This is what it looked like when we picked it up:
It had those
super ugly really nice black speckles all over the finish and brassy hardware.
I gave it a couple of coats of primer, and a couple of coats of white paint. Then I decided that it wanted to be distressed. The hardware received a coat of oil rubbed bronze spray paint from Rustoleum. This is the first time I have used that paint, and I really like how it turned out- it was a very nice finish.
The drawers have a vintage newspaper printed in them:
The cubbies were the hardest part of this job, as they would not come out. My husband was able to take the backing off the desk, which made it slightly easier.
I think it turned out really cute, and that it is a definite improvement. I usually try to shy away from pieces with horrible smells, but the lady who I bought this desk from stored candles and scented oils in it. It actually smelled kind of pretty!