This is what it looked like when we brought it home. It was painted green, with some sort of gold glaze applied to it. Not particularly my cup of tea.
If you are curious about how I strip paint, you can read this post here. I used Citrisolve and was amazed that this is what the top looked like after just one application of it. I guess the paint wasn’t too old. It’s been my experience that the older the paint, the harder it is to get off, especially with oak because of the grain.
The hardest part was the detailing on the feet. I find a needle helps get the gunk out of the grooves.
It did come with the original hardware, but for now I’ve added these vintage glass knobs for a little bling.
Hopefully I will back to share more of the kitchen tomorrow or the next day.