This sign was pretty easy to make, and for a first attempt, I think it turned out pretty decent.
I started with a chunk of wood. There is the possibility that it once belonged to a pallet… it was just in a pile of scrap wood. The important thing was that it was already a good size, which meant I didn’t have to cut it. And also as it was an experiment, I didn’t want to ruin something nice!
I put a rough coat of turquoise on it, and then dry brushed some cream paint over top. It was still a little too vibrant for me, so I sanded it up, then wiped some dark stain over top, and then wiped it off.
It now sits proudly over my stove, inspiring me to try my hand at making a few more of these!